FORS 5640/7640 Final Exam
- When: May 2, 2018, from 12 – 3 (if you have a conflict, please let me know as soon as possible)
- Where: In the GIS Lab
- Format: Closed book/Closed note; multiple choice
- upload your Remote Pilot 101 Quiz 1 – 9 and the Remote Pilot 101 Final Exam results by midnight May 2. I have set up individual ELC Assignment folders for each.
- graduate students, upload your project to the ELC Graduate Project/Course Notebook Assignment folder by midnight May 2.
When you are ready to take the FAA Remote Pilot Exam…
(~3 weeks prior) When you are ready to take the exam
Schedule your Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification exam through the CATS website. Call the phone number at the top of the screen and their operator will help you find an exam location, schedule the exam, and will take the $150 exam fee over the phone.
After passing the exam with at least a 70%
- You will receive a notarized paper document stating that you passed (will be your temporary, temporary Remote Pilot Certificate). Keep this document. Do not lose this document.
- Register with IACRA (https://iacra.faa.gov/IACRA) using the same email you used when registering for the test
- You will search for your exam results in the IACRA system by entering the 17-digit Exam ID shown on your temporary certificate (it took about a week for mine to show up in their system)
- When your results finally do appear in the system, you digitally sign several documents and will be issued a temporary license.
- A permanent license will be shipped to you through the mail. This will take anywhere from 10 days to 2 months.